for my little give-away! First off I have to admit that I've always laughed a little at bloggers who celebrate their Blog-iversary...but because my Wedding Anniversary (October 14th), Joshua's Birthday (October 23rd) and Halloween are all celebrated in October...I figured what's one more day to celebrate! So...even though my one year Blog-iversary (October 11th) is one week late, I still want to treat my small...and I mean small group of loyal readers with a give-away. If you are a lurker, please de-lurk for the contest! I promise it'll be worth it...and fun!
My gifts to you: your very own set of 3 pumkins hand-made by me and a bag of peanut butter M&M's, Hershey's Kisses, and pretzels so you can make these.

All you have to do is leave me a comment below...tell me your name and your most favorite Halloween memory. I will announce the lucky winner on Joshua's Birthday...which is this coming Thursday. Have fun!
9 years ago

19 comments:
YA!!! I am the FIRST comment!! I think one of my favorite halloween memories involves Jared. When he was little he was ALWAYS obsessed about something. He went through this HUGE shovel phase where he carried a hand shovel EVERYWHERE. It makes sense because there are times I am out and about and could really use a shovel to dig up a cool rock I see in the parking lot at Walmart, but alas, I have to leave the rock because I DON'T have a shovel. So anyway....I made this really cute dinosaur costume and he insisted upon carrying this silly shovel with him as we went around t the neighbors. I can tell you we received quite a few comments on the how the shovel went with the costume. It was honestly one of my FAVORITE things about him as a little kid...I guess it was a boy version of the purse.
My favorite Halloween memory is last year because Macey was only 5 days old and I got to sit on the couch and just hold her all day. It's not a really exciting memory, but that is the best Halloween I have ever had.
What a fun giveaway... I guess mine really isn't a specific halloween memory but just halloween in genreal. I love love love the smells of this time of year, pumpkin spice is my all time favorite. The beautiful color of the leaves before they fall from the trees. It is so much fun to see all the little kids dressed up in their costumes as they trick-or-treat. I am looking forward to halloween this year to see what my little one decides to be. (she has 3 costumes, she can't make up her mind what she wants to be. :) Happy Halloween, Anniversary, and Blog-iversary!
I think my most favorite memory of halloween had to be going out with my friends from high school even though everyone thought we were to old to trick or treat. We lived in just a little community and so we walked around the neighborhood. We laughed and joked around the whole way. Still love halloween and I'll have to put some of the pictures on my blog to show you the fun stuff we have in our yard.
My favorite Halloween memory is the first time I took Emily trick or treating. She was 2 and wasn't sure what it was all about, but she was dressed in her cute lion costume and bravely went to the first door. She wouldn't say anything, but when the lady put candy in her bucket, her eyes got so big....then it was on. We couldn't stop at our street like we had intended. We had to go all the way around the block and to her friend's houses also. By the end of the night she was running between houses and saying "trick or treat" really loud. I can't wait to see Andrew and Emily go together this year.
One of my memories of Halloween was getting together with some neighbors of our's and going bowling with the kids...they turned out to be some pretty neat people and we have become the best of friends!
I have to say last year was my favorite Halloween because that is when the Daisson- Bunker Silly String War started. The year before, our friend Darren Bunker was put in as Bishop. He thought it would be funny (he is a HUGE practical joker) if he silly string all the neighbor kids as they came trick or treating to his house. Well Steve thought Bishop Bunker deserved a taste of his own medicine. So we bought FIFTEEN cans of silly string, recruited a bunch of neighbor kids & went trick or treating to the Bunkers. Bishop opened the door & the kids yelled "Trick or Treat!" and we all started spraying. His wife saw what was happening & ran & got her camera....
Two months went by & one day the Bunkers (they have 6 kids) showed up one day to Christmas Carol. Bishop had a huge plate of his famous caramels in hand. They sang, "we wish you a Merry Christmas." As soon as they finished singing, each of the Bunkers whipped out two cans of silly string & got us good! We were laughing so hard we couldn't defend ourselves!
Favorite Halloween memory? Mom and Dad handing out potato chips instead of candy!
Such cute stuff - I LOVE the hairbow display below! You are still so creative!
Don't count me for the drawing, I just wanted to say "hi"!!!!
:)Happy Halloween!
Hey Rachel love to visit your blog and see how well you are doing. You look fantastic. Darling pumpkins would love to be the lucky winner I have always liked Halloween growing up we always made it a family affair we all get together cooked. pizza had donuts ate lots of candy baked and decorate sugar cookies. It was something I always looked forward to and have tried to carry it on with my children and it is now something they have learned to love and look forward to.
Happy Halloween
Stephanie Balmforth
My favorite Halloween I think was the one that Todd was Napoleon Dynamite. He wore the famous "vote for Pedro" shirt, glasses and curly wig. He looked AWESOME! He was a total hit at work and would have won the contest except all the judges were, hmmm, elderly and hadn't seen the movie. :)
Accompanying him to our ward party I was a cheerleader complete with my letterman jacket and cheerleader skirt (bought on ebay).
GO US! Happy Halloween!
when i was in grade school i went with dad to a byu football game on halloween and then came home and got to go trick or treating what a great day!
Can I still be entered if I say I really don't like Halloween?
We think the prize should go to Melody. We really he-hawed when we read it.
Where is Jennica's?
Loved both Alayna's & Leslie's. You 4 girls were the best. Thanks for stirring up our memories.
Give M,M,H & J a treat from us.
Love, Mom & Dad
My favorie Halloween memories are from when we were living next door to you all. My mom sent Miriam a soft and warm angel costume and Nathan a snuggly beaver costume. I tried to look like a scarecrow and for one event Miriam was a scarecrow too. I think Rich was dressed up like himself.
Angela invited us to festivities at her parents home. The food and games were great! It was really fun to be included in their family event.
AT WORK
Due to peer pressure from the many women in Rich's department Rich did dress up as "Sonny" as in Sonny and Cher at his work party. He even wore fake facial hair. You should have seen the pants they picked up for him! He had five Chers in tow. It was great! He should have gotten some type of medal for going WAY out of his comfort zone.
Miriam given a first place for being so beautiful in her angel costume. It was very sweet.
First-We'd love to see you on Saturday!!!What a treat!! Call me that day and let me know you timing-just so I'm definately dressed! My #801-475-5969 and I think Sarah knows which house is ours.
Second, my favorite halloween was our first year Josh (our oldest) went trick-or-treating. He had just one and didn't know what to think of things at first, but as soon as he realized what was happening we couldn't keep up with him! He would run to the door with his friends and just hold out his bucket (couldn't talk yet). He was adorable.
My favorite Halloween memory was when I was in the 7th grade. You were dating Mike from Logan and he and his friends had came down to do something with you, Teresa, and Aubry. Curtis, in particular helped me get all dressed up in his football pads, and other weird accessories. (I remember this, because I thought he was so hot!) I remember painting my face, holding some kind of oozie and thinking I was so cool! -Do you remember that? Good times! Happy Halloween!
Good! I got on. I've always loved Halloween because my siblings and I would go through the attic and all my parents old
70s clothes for costumes. My favorite Halloween memory was the rare time I got to go home to South Carolina in the fall. Anyway, my brother Spencer was home from college and their was a Halloween party. I felt a little weird because it had been a long time since I'd seen all these people. Spencer and I decided to dress as Frankenstein and his bride. I got a 70s dress of my aunt's and my brother wore football pads with a huge coat. It was so fun. People that didn't know us that we together and including my clown son we were quite the sight. And those who knew us had no clue who we were. Really fun memories.
I seriously thought of something funny this morning! Do you remember doing spook alleys in the Naylor's basement? Sheri would cook up some spaghetti noodles and we'd drape blankets/sheets over tables and furniture downstairs! I think one year we even used Jello! Definitely good times!
Post a Comment