Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Report

My #1 sister, Alayna, hosted Thanksgiving this year at her home in Riverton. She attempted the impossible (at least to me!) and cooked her very first turkey. It was successful! She did a fabulous job cooking Thanksgiving Dinner. I helped a little by contributing the store-bought rolls, a pumpkin pie and banana cream pie from Village Inn, and a raspberry jello salad!


I also was asked to bring a centerpiece and favors for each place setting. So, this is what I came up with...paper bags with treats in them and a little poem about Thanksgiving. I thought they turned out cute.


We kept up the tradition of naming 3 things we are thankful for...Rob said the usual; Family, Food and Football!





Once Thanksgiving dinner was over we planned out our strategy for Black Friday shopping. It's become tradition to get up early and shop...and this year was no different. We woke up at 4:15 a.m. and were on our way by 4:30 a.m. Marissa and Ashlyn came with us again this year...but were a little disappointed when we were pretty much done shopping after only 2 stores. Honestly, the sales weren't that spectacular.


I hope everyone had a memorable Thanksgiving!!!

Oh, I almost forgot...I got to reunite with two of my college roommates, Kristie and Lisa Joy, from Ricks and it was so good to see them after all this time. I sure do miss you guys! We'll definitely have to get together...hopefully sooner than later!

2 comments:

Jennica said...

what a cute sweater rob was wearing! .....sounds like thanksgiving was fun and delicious. i loved the turkey favors with the thought. where did you get the idea? really cute, anyways, missed you and your family....& i'm pretty sure I'm the #1 sister, right?

Piano Mom said...

You contributed a lot to our Thanksgiving dinner...I never would have come up with such cute favors! Thanksgiving was fun and not nearly as stressful as I had anticipated, thank goodness! And Jen, I'm #1 sister because I'm the oldest and there's no way you're taking the title from me!