



Halloween is now officially over for our family. Last night was my Halloween Piano Recital. Out of my 14 students...11 participated in the recital. Some came dressed in their costumes and some came dressed as themselves (the older ones that are too 'cool' to dress-up). I am happy to report that Marissa and Michael both played beautifully and without any major mistakes. Michael was very calm and relaxed about the whole thing, but Marissa said that she was extremely nervous and by the time she was done playing her Minuet...she was shaking pretty bad. I'm guessing that she inherited that from me (and maybe grandma too!). All of my other students played very well...so, as a piano teacher and parent...it was definitely a "PAYDAY". Hannah woke up this morning and proclaimed that she now wants to learn how to play the piano...so, Michael gave her a super-fast lesson before they headed off to school. Too cute!!!
9 years ago

3 comments:
The pictures are way too cute. Glad that Marissa & Michael both did well. News to me that you get nervous, Rachel. I thought that honor just belonged to Alayna, Leslie and me.
Get going with Hannah. She already has the potential for a perfect hand position & if she wants to, half of the battle is won.
Love to all, Gma
I am glad to hear that your recital was a success! Tell Marissa that Aunt Alayna gets so nervous that her fingers get icy, her leg shakes on the damper pedal and she always makes mistakes! How did your students like the idea of a costume recital? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to make this an annual tradition in my studio.
wow, i feel like i need a piano, and start teaching, so i can have a halloween recital too. maybe someday, but what fun,and your kids are cute as usual.
Post a Comment