Monday, November 19, 2007

MARISSA TURNED 12


Once again, I'm a few days late...but, better late than never! I can hardly believe that I have a daughter that is 12 years old (as of the 16th of November). She has graduated from Primary and is now in Young Womens with me. She is such an amazing daughter...she has been a joy from the beginning (and those of you who remember the 'beginning' know that she was a spit-fire!). She is a very talented young lady. She's been playing soccer for a few years now and has really excelled at becoming a more skilled team player. She plays the piano and does extremely well at it. She is a self-motivator and has been known to teach herself how to play! She's an awesome babysitter. She's been babysitting her younger siblings for a couple of years and is now babysitting for other people in the neighborhood. The kids like her real well. She has always been a very good student and has always done her best at her schoolwork. Her teachers love having her in their class and she has a lot of friends. She is such a well-rounded young lady and we love having her in our family! I hope that she enjoys being 12 and continues to be the best that she can be! I love you, Marissa!!! Happy Birthday!!!

5 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Tell Marissa that she looks beautiful! I love the sweater! We think she's special too and can't imagine life without her! Happy 12th birthday!

Deke said...

Marissa I'm so excited you are 12 now maybe we can trade our Zach Efron pictures. I wondered if you could find me that video you were talking about last August. You know your favorite music video of all-time from High School Music 2"I can't dance". Just think Mirissa you will be driving around that green mini-van in no time. Happy birthday and I'll pay you big money to hide all of your mom's Dr. Peppers for 2days.

Leslie said...

marissa is growing up way too fast! she is a beautiful young women!

my husband is crazy, but he sure can make me laugh! he told me about his comment yesterday but it even made me laugh all over again when i read it this morning.

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is so cute...that is a darling picture of Marissa. It is hard to believe that our kids our 12 and they are doing their own things. Remember back when they were for sure going to marry each other! Now they won't even talk about it. Well we still have Abby and Michael! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Jennica said...

seriously, just about cried! i love that girl and remember her just so young and crawling around. I can't believe how old and beautiful she is now. what a gem you received. tell her we love her so much and miss her. we need to move closer so she can babysit for me!