results are in...and because I had soooo much fun racing...WE will be doing it every year!
There were a lot of reasons I absolutely loved this race...the swim was in a pool, the bike course was fast and flat, the run course was shaded by big beautiful trees, Russ and Ang raced with us, I didn't finish dead last, I had trained hard, and you can race with your i-pod...but the number one reason I enjoyed myself so much this time is that Rob raced along side with me! Now you have to understand that this is huge because he doesn't LOVE racing in triathlons. He only does them because I like them (I know...very sweet!). And to brag just a little...he did AWESOME (with his usual 2 weeks of training)! I started the swim 15 seconds after him and eventually passed him in the water...but he totally caught up to me on the run. I convinced him that it would be fun to run through the finish line together...and although he seriously could have passed me and finished first...you can see that he stayed with me (what a man)!!!
There were a lot of reasons I absolutely loved this race...the swim was in a pool, the bike course was fast and flat, the run course was shaded by big beautiful trees, Russ and Ang raced with us, I didn't finish dead last, I had trained hard, and you can race with your i-pod...but the number one reason I enjoyed myself so much this time is that Rob raced along side with me! Now you have to understand that this is huge because he doesn't LOVE racing in triathlons. He only does them because I like them (I know...very sweet!). And to brag just a little...he did AWESOME (with his usual 2 weeks of training)! I started the swim 15 seconds after him and eventually passed him in the water...but he totally caught up to me on the run. I convinced him that it would be fun to run through the finish line together...and although he seriously could have passed me and finished first...you can see that he stayed with me (what a man)!!!
Rob's overall time was 1:31:08My overall time was 1:30:52

So, remember how I gave up my Diet Dr. Pepper to see if it made a difference in my ability to race? Honestly...I really do think it helped me achieve and sustain a higher level of energy overall. I didn't feel like my energy was spent after the first leg of the race...which is a good thing because f.y.i. there are 3 legs total! With that said...I am going to set a personal goal to cut out the carbonation when I'm training for a race from now on (wish me luck!).

8 comments:
Good job!! I couldn't help but notice that you are ONLY cutting out carbonation WHILE training?? A woman after my own heart...I always rewarded myself after a tri with a HUGE Dr. Pepper. After Dave and I did the St. George Tri it was the FIRST stop we made. It was kinda funny...here are all there super healthy people driving home after the race and Dave and I were looking for the nearest gas station!!
I have to admit that this Tri was a lot of fun. We are definitely on again for next year. I promised Zeth that he will be running it with us. I am thinking that we need to look into the Hyrum if it is in August...we need that LAKE experience!!!! I will join you on the Dr. Pepper if it is only while we are training!!! That picture is pretty neat with the both of you running together...it is fun to have the guys with us.
Girl - you amaze me! That's about all I can say about that.
Hi Rach! It was a great surprise to see you in my office today! We will definitely have to get together soon-you can find me at anneofgreenbarlows.blogspot.com or call me at 881-2534:)
Rachel, Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. That was really fun to see what you guys have been up to. You have a darling family and I am so impressed with the triathlons. You go girl. They have a triathlon in Vernal every June. You should come out. We'll show you around town. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch. I love this blogging thing.
Michele
Hi Rachel,
It is Amyjoy from your ward at Ricks. I noticed from Anne and Michele's blogs that it was you. I haven't seen you since your wedding reception! Anyway, I have heard how you are doing because of Rich here in Boise. Todd worked with him at Albertsons awhile back.
You have a cute family. We also have four kids.
Take care, just wanted to say hi!
Amyjoy
You've got to be crazy to enter so many triathlons or even think about entering. What ever blows your skirt up!!!
Loved the pictures but then pictures are my favorite thing & when they have kids & grandkids in them they're even better.
We seem to be able to get on all the blogs from one. Things are looking up!!!
Love to all,
Dad & Mom
Umm I don't know how to say this, but..don't be offended....no disrespect Rachel but can you tell me where you buy those white spandex tights you wear for all of these races? I used to think it was your skin.
Post a Comment