Tonight is my ward's Relief Society Enrichment Night. It's all about freezer desserts and get this...they asked me to do a little blurp about freezer cookies. Really??? Because I'm not your average homemaker...I really don't sew all that well, I for sure don't knit, I don't grind my own wheat and make homemade bread, I've never canned any fruit and/or vegetables and quite honestly I really don't like to cook or bake (duh...that's why I'm in a Freezer Dinner Club)! So...in a desperate attempt to actually put a half-way decent presentation together I turned to the trusty internet and googled freezer cookies to hopefully gather a plethera of information about said subject. Now that I have all of my information...I hope that my presentation lasts my assigned time of 5-10 minutes. I guess I will just have to talk Ssssllllloooooowww and hope for the best!!!
9 years ago

4 comments:
Rachel, you are so funny! I am sure you will do a great job. :) I'm just glad it's you and not me. I would be so nervous, I can't even handle teaching our YW combined lesson.
they really don't know you huh. marissa probably makes cookies more than you ever have. maybe she could give you some tips. if you come across a good recipe you must share. are you taking some for a taste test?
I have to echo what Leslie said...obviously they don't know you all that well! On the flip side, I think you'll do a great job presenting your findings to a class! Did you find all the information you need? I have a couple of cookie cook books that have some tips on freezing cookies/dough.
Rachel,
I feel your pain. I'm not much of a cook/ baker either. Good thing Stephen is. I may have to google freezer cookies since I am trying to come up with a good neighbor gift. Remember, fake it until you make it! No one will know you aren't an expert unless you tell them!
Post a Comment