Friday, January 11, 2008

PINEWOOD DERBY

Wednesday night was Michael's Pinewood Derby. I had hoped that with this being his THIRD Pinewood Derby that we would not procrastinate helping him build his race car...but, old habits are very hard to break. For the 3rd year in a row...I was frantically painting his car and drying it with my hair blowdryer 30 minutes before he was supposed to weigh in. My anxiety level was through the roof! Long story short...he made it in time for weigh in and he won the BE-AN-ORIGINAL AWARD! Unfortunately he didn't place in the top 3...but he did win several races and kept a positive attitude the entire time. Sometimes these races can get a little competitive and some of the boys' feelings get hurt. In fact, there was one boy that used the same car he did last year and guess what...he took 1st Place both years. Needless to say, I was a little miffed that they even allowed him to race. I really wanted to address the situation...but decided to be a grown-up and let things be. Rob was proud!


Apparently, my sister-in-law, Sara, tagged me...so being a good sport, I decided to join in the fun...

The RULES:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog....

Here are 6 facts that you may or may not know about me:

Fact #1 I have been coloring my hair for the past 6 years...and I do this not because I want to, but because my hair is starting to turn gray! The lady who did my hair this last time said that I am LUCKY that my patches of gray are spread all over my head and not in one area. Who knew, that at 32, I am one of the luckiest girls around when it comes to going pre-maturely gray!!!

Fact #2 I LOVE LOVE LOVE taking naps on Sunday. So, I am very excited that our church block time is now 9 a.m-noon. Now I come home, change into my "stretchy pants", eat a quick bite for lunch, and then NAP away!

Fact #3 My first two babies were born the "ALL NATURAL" way...no epidural...no drugs! I was young and looked to my mature husband for his knowledge about childbirth. He convinced me that the risks associated with an epidural were not worth it...I painfully agreed and went through labor without any medication. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated...so, I decided I would try it again with my second baby. However, this time I thought I was going to DIE! When it came time for my third baby...I quickly dismissed my wise husbands opinions and had my very first epidural! So worth it!

Fact #4 With every pregnancy my feet grew 1/2 size. When I got married, my feet were a size 5 and now I wear a size 7. Go figure!!!

Fact #5 When I was going to Ricks College, my parents were kind enough to let me take the red Ford Escort up to college for a month or two. In that short time period...I received two speeding tickets within one week of each other and was in a minor car accident. Well...they took it back!!!

Fact #6 I recently have lost 15 pounds. My goal is not to be a size 2 but to be a healthier and happier ME! These past couple of months, I have realized that I have more energy and am a happier wife and mom when I exercise and watch what I eat.

Now I tag my sisters: Alayna, Leslie, Jen and my college roomie, Melody!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Rachel - okay, so I was blog hopping (now you know what I do during prep time!) and found your blog. Random. I know. Just thought I should warn you so you don't say anything too bad about me on here. . .:O)

Hope you guys had a fabulous trip and that my little Hannah is feeling better today than she was yesterday!

Now I'd better get ready for those little monsters (I mean kids!) to come back from computers!

Anonymous said...

You are a better woman than I am Rachel! I am soooo glad Jonathan's pine wood derby days are over!