Thursday, January 3, 2008

Finally...SANITY!

Today is feeling a little more normal...all of the kids went back to school, I went spinning at the gym this morning and I'm now trying to catch-up on laundry and re-organize the kids' rooms. Even though the kids and I enjoyed sleeping in and staying in our jammies until noon...it's nice to get back into a routine. Marissa really did not want to go back to school today and tried to get our approval to let her stay home...but I think last night, as she was doing her homework, she realized that we weren't going to budge and that yes, she was going to school. I wasn't 100% sure Josh had school today because he only goes Mon.-Thurs and I thought that maybe he would just start next week. So, we got him dressed and ready to go just in case... and sure enough the school bus came and picked him up! He wasn't exactly thrilled!

With a fresh new outlook on life...I have decided that the month of January was the perfect time to rummage through and weed out a lot of our "stuff" and hopefully make several donations to the D.I. Knowing me, it will most likely take the entire month to get through all of it...but with determination, I will conquer!!!

Here are a few recent photos from our holiday season...

Michael's 1st Violin Recital...he did GREAT!


The girls and I went to the Nutcracker...Hannah loved it!


Marissa and Ashlyn's matching pajamas.


Daddy's little girl!


Joshua discovered Nerf guns...isn't he happy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!!! Who took the top left one of you? It's adoreable!!!

Love, Mom

Deke said...

Rachel I need some pics of you and Les playing Wii. If you can find some please let me know.

Rachel said...

You are in luck! I do have a few more of Guitar Hero and one of you and Les playing tennis on the Wii...I'll e-mail them to you or Les, whatever, just let me know.

Jennica said...

cute pics, I love those kids of yours. any chance you'll be coming up soon? I just heard from alayna that you guys are out for disneyland. i'm still not sure, but that really bums me out. we need to at least make a plan when we can all be together this year.

Angela said...

I am thinking that you are going to have to buy one for him! He looks VERY happy with that! And then we both can have darts all over the house!