Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Little Experiment!

For those of you who know me well know that I absolutely LOVE Diet Dr. Pepper. It's fair to say that I am addicted. I have been known to fill my 32 oz. mug at least once a day...sometimes twice. It honestly depends on how stressed I am that day. And with all of the carbonation I consume, one has to ask...is it slowing me down? I've heard that carbonation can make you winded when you exercise and with another triathlon on my calendar...I've decided to quit pop and give it a whirl! I have now been "sober" for 18 days and I only experienced headaches for the first 3 days. Now...if I don't see a huge difference in my ability to race better and faster...I can't guarantee that I won't start drinking again!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

good job rach, i'm impressed you are still sober! must admit thought you would fall off the wagon by now

Piano Mom said...

I know Bryan goes off the "sauce" whenever he gets serious about running...says it definitely makes a difference. So, more power to you for doing it! (The three day headache is a killer though!) Stay strong!

Angela said...

WOW! That is impressive! Great job, I am trying to do the same thing...call me if you need support.

Deb said...

One more reason that I think you are just too cool! I am {happily} still a drinker! :O) I could probably maybe go off the stuff, but come August. . .well, that's a whole other story!

Amy said...

I am excited to hear if it makes a difference!!

Allison said...

I say get off the stuff. I am also a lover of the DP. Although I don't drink nearly the quantities that you do. I recently discovered that caffeine give me anxiety. So, I have decided to quit also. I guess we will just have to take naps before we go scrapbooking. Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes.

Deb said...

About "Discovery Gateway" - it's a kids' exploration center that is at the Gateway in SLC. There are tons of activities for the kids to do - all ages. Luke and I even had fun! E-mail me (chubbydog @ comcast . net) without the spaces and I'll tell you more - and bring those tickets by if you want them! They're normally $8.50 each, so it's a great deal!