...having 19 meals, 2 pans of cheesy potatoes, 4 loaves of garlic bread, 2 dozen rolls, and a cheesecake ready-to-eat in my freezer...all for $123 dollars!!! Are you wondering how the heck did I manage to stock my freezer with so many yummy dinners? It's easy...I am in a Dinner Club! And...for those of you who are a little curious as to how it works I will try to explain. Our group consists of 6 women and we each have an assigned partner that we work with. Each team rotates taking a turn to host...which includes picking and plannning the meals, shopping for the ingredients and providing the house to do it at. Before the night of the Cook-Off each person makes and brings a meal ahead of time so that we aren't putting together ALL 19 meals at one time. That night we have 3 work stations set up with the recipes and ingredients that each team will be doing. One team is usually at the counter and stove (with the recipes that involve cooking), one is stationed at the island/bar and the other at the kitchen table. The entire process of putting together the meals can take anywhere from a couple of hours to several hours...it just depends on the meal (some meals are definitely easier than others). Everyone brings a cooler and it's a good idea to make a list of the meals to tape on each person's cooler so that as meals are added, people check them off, then as you eat them, you can cross them off your list so you know what meals you still have in your freezer. Oh, and I almost forgot...it's very, very important to label everything so that you know exactly what you are eating and when it was prepared. That's pretty much it...I hope that I wasn't too confusing. Now, I'm not trying to make you jealous but here's a list of the meals that we will be eating over the next month or so...
Anniversary Chicken
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
BBQ Country Ribs
Chicken Fajitas
Pizza (2)
Meatballs w/ Marinara
Creamy Italian Chicken
Sloppy Jo (2)
French Dip
Lime Chicken
Pork Chops & Gravy
Tator Tot Casserole
Teriyaki Chicken
Mormon Miracle Pageant Chicken
Mexi Stew
Manicotti
Poppy Seed Chicken
Cheesy Potatoes (2)
Garlic Bread (4)
Rolls
Cheesecake
and these are leftover from last Dinner Club
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Chicken Enchiladas
Beef & Chicken Kabobs
I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE Dinner Club...it is soooo worth it! It saves me a lot of time and because everything was purchased in bulk, it also saves me money. I don't know how we ever survived without it!
9 years ago

5 comments:
Way to go Rachel! If you ever have an opening...I'd totally be willing to drive up for a day to participate.
Okay - that sounds incredible! I may have to bug you for more details on how to do this and set one up with my friends over this way if you don't mind! I would LOVE to have all of that ready and in my freezer. Thanks for sharing the idea!
Hey Rach, I've heard of something similar, but this sounds fantastic! Could you give us more details? I think I could easily get a group of 6 together!!! This sounds fun & easy! I'm curious, how do you deal with the differences in family number?
It is really nice to have an entire meal, hot and ready for you. Thanks Rachel for working hard and making all these meals, they really are good.
I do something similar with 30-day gourmet. I would love a list of your recipes, if you are willing, or have them typed up. Please E-mail them to: tasharoo2125@msn.com
Thanks!
P.S. I found your link through Angela Porter
Post a Comment