First and foremost, I need to explain what this is...and let me tell you that it is HUGE! All of the Fourth and Fifth graders from the elementary schools in the Cache Valley School District get together (after weeks of training...literally!) and race against each other...girls against girls and boys against boys. They even place the kids into either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Heats...after timing them in a trial run. They have an Opening Ceremony and they even have two kids run in holding a torch...just like the Olympics! Are you getting just how HUGE this actually is?!? It is so crowded and it's literally impossible to find a parking spot. All of the parents and families come to watch and parents even sometimes pull their other kids out of school to come and watch. This is my third year in a row attending the event...Marissa ran the last two years and Michael ran this year. He was so serious about the whole thing...he was stretching out and he did a warm-up jog around the playground! He was placed in the 3rd Heat and ran the mile in 7:40. The first thing he said to me after he finished was that he didn't beat his best time...which was 6:50. Not too bad, huh? Rob and I enjoyed watching him run his little heart out for a few minutes...and hope that he had fun doing it! Here are some pictures from the event...
9 years ago

5 comments:
Good Job Michael....way to go! You are my inspiration!!!! That is my goal now....a seven minute mile for the triathlon on Saturday! Rachel, that should be your goal too! With that we might take first in our age groups.
Yay Michael! I wish I could run an entire mile!
Way to go Michael.... I wish I ran a 7 minute mile!!
that's awesome michael! my best time ever was 7:53. for some weird reason i remember that. good job buddy.
As long as he doesent follow in his dads foot steps and where the wrong shoes for a race, I am sure he had fun.
Post a Comment