Monday, May 19, 2008

1 Hour and 28 Minutes

Running this race was so much easier this year...I guess training hard really does pay off! I actually beat my last years time by 20 minutes...woohoo!!! I am totally addicted to triathlons...racing gives me a feeling of accomplishment like no other and I love it! This years race was especially fun because of my very own "fan club"...which consisted of my hubby, my 4 kids, and my parents. It meant the world to me to see them on the sidelines cheering for me...so thank you everyone for coming and supporting me! Here are some of my favorite pics...taken by Rob!













11 comments:

Piano Mom said...

You go girl! Good luck on the next one...I'm really proud of you for sticking with it and beating your own personal "best". Way to go!

Angela said...

That was a fun day...I am really glad that we were able to do it together and to be there to give each other that "boost" throughout the race. You are awesome and did an incredible job! You should be proud of all the hard work you put into training for this race. Now we have the bike ride to look forward too. Thanks for everything!

Jennica said...

Sexy mama-cita. You are theee woman. For doing so well in this triathlon and for sporting your outfit. YOu look awesome and you are my motivator. HOpefully we'll be able to do one together some day with Leslie too, and just maybe Alayna?

Leslie said...

way to go rach! i'm impressed! when i get done kicking this baby out we will have to have something in mind to train for to help me get some weight off :) if you are in for the half in salt lake in april i'm game! crazy to think you can actually have fun wearing yourself out, but for some reason it is :)

Rachel said...

Les...I am very serious about doing a half marathon. I also think it would be fun to run the Wasatch Back. But you have to do this Woman of Steel Triathlon with me next year...it's a blast!

Amy said...

Way to go...I ALMOST wish I was there. I thought about you guys up at the crack of dawn when I got up to go to the bathroom for the tenth time and then climbed back into bed.

Deb said...

You're pretty much the coolest Mom ever! I am super impressed!

Allison said...

Love the swim caps!!! Congrats...you guys are awesome. I will never understand it, nor will I do it, but I am happy for you.

Fishin the Good life said...

I am pretty sure you could beat me in these races. You have done a remarkable job in training and getting yourself in shape for the race. Much Grats

Anonymous said...

WOW and I mean WOW. I was checking some blogs and came across this. I hope you dont think i am a bit forward, but you are hott!!! with a double t. Also, that guy you are with, I am assuming he is your husband, you are way too sexy for him, he isnt even close to your close. I hope he has money!!

Rachel said...

Thanks...honey!