Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Got Milk???

This afternoon my 5 year old son walks in from the garage with a big smile...holding up a carton of milk. Now, knowing that we are completely out of milk...you start to wonder where the heck did this milk come from? Seriously...did he just take it out of somebody's milk box? So, after interrogating him...I found out that he walked over to my neighbor's house, knocked on their door and asked them to borrow some milk. Can you believe it? (by the way...I am now laughing hysterically!) Who knew that my little Josh was capable of borrowing milk...on his own! Oh, and apparently we have borrowed milk way too often from these neighbors because they didn't think anything of it. They just figured that Josh really wanted some chocolate milk! So...from now on I WILL be buying more milk so that my child doesn't continue to borrow milk from the neighbors!

7 comments:

Deb said...

Josh is awesome! He probably knew if he asked you first you'd tell him there was no milk and he wouldn't get to have his chocolate milk. He's just thinking things through!

Leslie said...

that is a good story. he is a pretty smart little boy. he loves his chocolate milk!

Piano Mom said...

I laughed out loud! Josh, thanks for starting my day with a big smile. Rachel, you have got the most resourceful boy ever!

Melody said...

Too funny Rachel!!! Reminds me of all the times Rob came to our apartment in college to "borrow" food, ha ha! :)

Amy said...

Hey...sometimes when your parent isn't meeting your needs you have to take care of yourself!

Jennica said...

Love it! That's one you have to remember. Seriously, I hope you are tight with your neighbor, cuz that's hilarious! I bet she laughed a little too.

Unknown said...

Josh is a Stud. Might as well go get what he wants if Mom and Dad are not going to provide it for him.