Friday, February 29, 2008

Just my Luck!

This morning I woke up feeling a little yucky! I just thought that I was coming down with a little cold. Boy was I WRONG...I started running a high fever around 11:00 this morning. I did what any sick, desperate mother would do...I instructed my 5 year old, Josh, to not answer the door and went to bed for the rest of the day. My body ached all over and I honestly just felt like crap! Now, normally this wouldn't be that big of deal except that Rob was leaving with his buddies for a quick weekend fishing trip up to Idaho that has been planned for weeks. Seriously...why do I always get sick when I am going to be without help? Just once...as a mother of four, I'd like to call in SICK!!! I am feeling a little better after heavily medicating myself and am hoping that I get over this flu bug fast...wish me luck!

7 comments:

Deb said...

Hey - if you need anything - dinner - hot bread - a place for Hannah and Josh to play for a while - give me a call! (or send me an e-mail!). We're gone this morning, but home most of the afternoon. I AM SERIOUS!!!

Get feeling better!

Piano Mom said...

Do you want me to come up and get you and the kids today? You could spend the night at mom's and she could pamper you!

Melody said...

Oh Rachel.... I feel for you. You are in my prayers! If we lived closer, I would bring you dinner & watch your kids. I hope you feel better soon! Love ya!

Deke said...

Rachel if you would have just taken Echinacea you would be all better. Or at least that is what Renee told me.

"So there you have it"

Jennica said...

Are you better yet? Where's the posting lady? Get on it woman. We're all waiting out here.

Rachel said...

I'm working on it...I'm still trying to catch up laundry. Hopefully today!

Fishin the Good life said...

I would like to chime in on Rachel's Comment "I wish I could call in sick". It appears Rachel never bothered to coment on the fact she spent a continous 19 hours in bed over the weekend, while her overworked and underpaid husband cleaned the house, watched the kids, and attended to church duties. Sometimes maybe women should appreciate us men.