Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Tea Party

This morning my little Hannah B. woke up singing, dancing and twirling! She is soooo excited for school today...being Valentine's Day and all. Her class is having a Valentine Tea Party this afternoon and all of the students are supposed to dress up in their Sunday best clothes...dresses for the girls, button shirts and nice pants for the boys. She has been talking about this all week and how they will be learning, talking about, and practicing their manners. She pointed out that the boys HAVE to open doors and pull out chairs for the girls! Isn't that cute? Here's a picture of her ear-to-ear grin and her pretty dress! Isn't she adorable?

7 comments:

Jennica said...

Happy Valentines! I think that Hannah's teacher is very wise. I love the idea of this party. Little girls dressed up as "ladies" and little boys dressed up like "gentleman." They should teach manners and have a Valentine's tea party every year til graduation.

Anonymous said...

Darling idea for a darling little girl. What a cutie she is. Her personality just bubbles over in all that she does. Hope it was a great tea party!!!

Love, Gma

Piano Mom said...

I love the tea party idea! Hope Hannah had a lot of fun!

Deb said...

Ohhh what an adventure it was! :O)

Hannah looked super cute and was every bit the little lady.

The gentlemen were very gentlemenly (I think I stressed it a little too much as they were all hovered outside the ladies' bathroom door waiting for the ladies to exit just so they could escort them back to class!).

Valentine's Day is my most favorite day in First Grade - just because I get to see them all dressed up and being so kind to each other.

And yes - the gentlemen HAD TO help with chairs and coats and doors - and EVEN SERVE THE GIRLS THEIR AFTERNOON TEA PARTY SNACK! Ohhh - don't let any of them fool you! They loved it! And all 20 of them had grins matching Hannah's all day long!

I hope Hannah came home as excited about the day as she was when she left for school! I'll have to e-mail you the picture I took. . .

Leslie said...

what a cute idea, why didn't they do that when i was in school? sounds like hannah was real excited for it. hopefully those little boys didn't let her down.

Deb said...

Saw this grin A LOT today! There's a game you need to buy and play with your kids! Little Miss Hannah-bug LOVED it!!!! The link is on my blog. . .

See you on Wednesday!

Jennica said...

TIME FOR AN UPDATE! I can say this because I recently updated mine.