Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My next few posts...

...are all about Michael. A couple of weeks ago he ran in the Wellsville Mile which is held here in Cache Valley every spring for 4th and 5th graders. He ran a 7:14 mile. Because he was one of the faster runners during training he was given a special sticker that allowed him to be one of the front runners. As soon as the gun went off...he darted off to a VERY good start...maybe a little too good! He started off ahead of everyone and kept looking back to see how far ahead he was, but as he made his second loop around the block he had fallen back a little...probably ran out of steam! I love watching him run and am glad that he ran hard. He really loves to run and is always interested in joining me on my runs. Here are some of the pictures from his race.

4 comments:

David said...

Look at the consentration on his face, I can see what he is saying in his head (I am going to win, I am going to win, you can do this)
That is awesome, I wish I could run that fast.

Renee said...

Way to go Michael. Glad to see that you are back to your old self, lots of smiles & focus. Wish we could have been there to cheer you on but I'll bet your family did pretty good in that department. Bravo for you. You look lots older to us, taller, too & you're still as handsome as ever. We love you!

Gpa & Gma

Angela said...

Great Job Michael. Your mom told me that she loves to run with you because you push her to go faster! You are awesome. Also, congratulations for that neat award that you got from school. You are extremely awesome in more ways than one and you deserved that award. We sure enjoy being apart of your life!

Cindy said...

Great Job Micheal!

Nathan says "Never look Back"