Saturday, June 27, 2009

I lied...

...about the next few posts being all about Michael. At this point, I'm ready to do a MASSIVE post of our happenings that go way back...so here we go!

Let's start with Joshua's end-of-year kindergarten program. All 4 of the kindergarten classes sang a bunch of songs together and then Mrs. Duque handed out some awards to her students. Joshua earned an award for his excellent behavior and one for graduating from kindergarten...YAY!


I also spent an entire day with Joshua's class at the Willow Park Zoo in Logan. We saw a gazillion birds...and a few other animals. It's really not that exciting for me but Josh had a great time...and that's all that matters!


Michael also had an awards assembly at the end of the school year and as you can see...he walked away with a couple of awards. The Hope of America award had to be the most impressive. This award is given to one 5th grade boy and one 5th grade girl from each class. The recipients are nominated by the teacher and need to have excellent grades and citizenship, they need to have leadership skills and they also need to be a friend to all of their classmates. I almost cried when they called his name and he walked up to get it...he's such a good kid!!!


Moving along...to my Piano Recital. I had 18 of my 20 students perform and I've always considered it my payday as a piano teacher. I love hearing all of them perform after working so hard on their pieces for so long!


Joshua doesn't play the piano yet...but had to get in on the action!


Hannah officially turned 8 years old on June 15th and was a very good sport about postponing opening her presents until Rob returned home from his fishing trip to Idaho. However, we still celebrated with balloons and a very yummy chocolate birthday cake!


Last but not least for this post is our trip down to Cedar City for the Summer Games. Marissa's soccer team came home with a Silver medal. This year's trip was so worth it for me because of Marissa's goal in one of the games...it was beautiful! I immediately called Rob to tell him about it and he responded by saying..."I think I'm going to cry!" Apparently I'm not the only one that gets emotional over our kids. Way to go SC Stangs!!!


That will have to do for now but I still have more to post...which includes the Ragnar, Girls Camp, Hannah's Baptism pics and Rob's birthday. I hope to get to that in a couple of days...so be sure to check back!

6 comments:

Melody said...

hey, glad to see you blogging again!!! And it is really exciting when our kids achieve their goals & are recognized for the great things they do!

Sara said...

When is Hannah getting baptized? We hope we can be there!

Renee said...

Glad for the new post. Everyone looks taller & older especially Hannah. Congratulations to everyone for their achievements. Wow oh Wow. We are super proud of you. You're amazing!!!

Love, Gpa & Gma

Michele and Wyatt said...

Hey, I was in Cedar City watching soccer too. It is such a fun tournament for those kids.

Jennica said...

Whew! Lots of shtuff! Your kids are so great and that's so awesome to know that other people feel the same way......so how long are we gonna have to wait for all the other updates????

Angela said...

Busy Summer!!!