As most of you know I have been working for about 3 weeks now. It is a part-time job and only lasts for 6 weeks total. It definitely has been an adjustment...but I am loving it! I am employed through a company called Westat and basically what I do is travel around to different schools and administer a test called NAEP (also known as the Nation's Report Card) to 4th and 8th graders. This particular test helps government leaders determine what is being taught in the schools. The subjects that are being tested this year are math, science and reading. Each test consists of 2 cognitive sections and 2 background sections. Now...I tell you all of this because one of the little 4th graders I was testing today answered one of the background questions in a way that made me laugh...and I had to share. The question asked the student if they were Hispanic or Latino. At first she looked confused but then quickly said that she was neither of those...she was HUMAN! And what made it so funny is that she was dead serious! You gotta love kids...especially the human ones!!!
9 years ago

3 comments:
That is sooo funny. But it is the HONEST truth...we are all human. It is too bad that adults can't see that!!!
I think that should be everyone's background. Maybe it would help with some prejudices that people harbor!!
Oh, yes, human kids are much more fun! :O)
And I agree with Amy!
Post a Comment