Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Joshua's Lip Trauma

The story goes like this...the other night Joshua came running downstairs screaming bloody murder and with good reason, because when he came up to Rob and I he was holding his hand in cupping shape underneath his mouth...which was full of blood. Rob quickly ran him upstairs to the bathroom all the while Joshua is still screaming. After several minutes had passed and after cleaning up what I considered a fair amount of blood...we started asking questions. Now, you have to understand that under normal circumstances it can be somewhat difficult to understand Josh when he talks and then when you add some trauma...it makes it even more difficult to understand him. So, after several rounds of questioning it became apparent that the entire situation included something about an ice-cube. Turns out that he had been getting himself a glass of water and without thinking he wrapped both his top and bottom wet lips around the cold, dry ice-cube and well...they STUCK!!! I'm sure you can see where this is going...he then ripped the ice-cube off of his lips along with the skin! All I can say is the kid must have panicked and he obviously has a high tolerance for pain. Rob and I couldn't help but laugh a little...especially when we found the bloody ice-cube completely covered with Joshua's DNA in the garbage can. Naturally, I snapped a few pictures because the story definitely deserved to be documented with pictures and because I thought it was cute how Josh kept his lips all puckered up the rest of the night!


And with Christmas only 9 days away...I finally got around to decorating my front door. I absolutely love how it turned out!

7 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Poor Joshua! His story reminded me of the little boy on Christmas Story who stuck his tongue to a flagpole. And I love your front door...I really should have bought one of those stars too. Dang! Too late now.

Maggie said...

I seriously about died when Brother Arnold told me this on Sunday...your son CRACKS me up!!

Angela said...

I am sorry Josh...that makes my lips hurt just thinking about it. Too bad he didn't come to you first with the ice cube stuck to his lips then you could have helped him get it off rather than just pulling it!!! oooh...that's gotta hurt!

PS: Love your front door...did you put vinyl right on the door?

Deb said...

Ohhh! Poor little Joshie! I was babysitting once and the kid did that with a rootbeer float bar. I grabbed the kitchen sprayer and de-iced him.

Love your door!

Jennica said...

Yah, my mouth hurts a little too. Honestly, what would us moms do without all the drama and excitement of our little kids. Glad he's okay, and I hope you both explained to him that next time to just pour a little warm water on his lips before yanking everything off.

Leslie said...

too funny! I would have a hard time not laughing as well. Hopefully the lip has healed by now.

Cindy said...

Poor little thing!