Running this relay race was a lot harder than I had anticipated. It is a 188 mile relay from Logan to Park City. Each team is made up of 12 runners and each runner runs 3 legs. Our team name was "We Run For Tight Buns"...too bad mine didn't end up tight! I was runner 8...running a total of 16.5 miles. My first leg was an easy 3.4 mile run...which was actually harder than I thought because it was so stinkin' HOT! My second leg was a moderate 7 mile run at 2:00 a.m. which kinda freaked me out at times when I was running in the dark all by myself...but I managed to run this at about a 9:00 minute mile pace which was very cool! My final leg was a 6.1 moderate run which was super hard because my legs just would not cooperate and I ended up walking quite a bit...which now when I look back at it I wish I would've pushed harder...but it is what it is. I am so glad that I did this and am looking forward to next year! Here are some pictures...I didn't take as many as I would've liked probably because I was too exhausted...so enjoy the few I did take.
Which we did in 33 hours and 50 minutes

2 comments:
LOVED IT!!! Let's start getting ready for next year! Thanks for talking me into it. It is because of you that I did it.
Congratulations to all the ladies that participated, especially you Rachel. I know how hard you trained and the pain your knee was in most of your training. I am proud of your comittment to keeping in shape and pushing yourself to accomplish a goal. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment